Thursday, May 12, 2005

We've seen a lot of new wildlife since we've lived here. It's been exciting to discover lizards on rocks and walls. The hummingbirds that live near our apartment are beautiful and intriguing. We've even seen a couple of monkeys. (We were most excited about the monkeys.) But the other day, I saw something I was NOT excited about (Stacey, don't read this part!): a snake. Well, sort of. It's called a "cobra de duas cabecas" (cobra meaning snake) but it's actually a legless lizard (so yes, Russ, you were right). It was pink and its tail resembled a second head. I'm not a big fan of snakes so this was not one of those "isn't-living-in-the-tropics-charming-and-fun?" kind of discoveries. And yes, though I've admitted it wasn't technically a snake, it was long and skinny like a snake and does indeed bite like a snake and that is enough of a snake for my purposes. They're not poisonous, though, and they're rare to see in town. Russ and I were just "fortunate" to see one the other day. But instead of feeling fearful, I'll choose to marvel at God's unique creation (though I will watch where I step!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home