Tuesday, November 11, 2003

I move to discuss our topic for today.

(Second!)

Today Randy Halstead talked to us about conducting a business meeting using Robert's Rules of Order. He's apparently the resident expert on the topic, having been very involved in it in college. (Did you know they actually have competitions for that sort of thing?! Scary. No offense intended.) Anyway, it is definitely a challenge for some of us. It's really hard for me to wait until I am recognized to speak- I just don't work that way! But I do see the good in using the rules so I will try.

On another note, we had a great meeting tonight about our core values, featuring Jennifer's chili and Alicia's famous salad. It was a good discussion, mostly just brainstorming. It's interesting, though, when you get so many people who are passionate about their faith in one room and try to come up with something to put on paper. This document could easily be several pages if we're not careful!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home